Here I am crossing the finish line!
And here is some of our running crew after the race! What a great group led by our fearless leader, Marisa!
As if running wasn't enough fun for me lately, I have also started doing some biking. It has been something I wanted to do and the perfect catalyst for jumping into action presented itself. The 2011 Tour de Cure bike ride on May 21st! It is an event supported by my work and as such, a number of my colleagues are also riding. I didn't want to miss out on the action so it was high time to get a bike and start pedaling! There are a variety of distances to choose from so David and I are currently aiming for the 25 mile ride.
Here is my bright and shiny new bike!
David already has a bike so we had a little "bike date" and used our garage at home as a practice arena for me. The next night I felt skilled enough to take on the sidewalks of Bellevue Way for a short ride. Slowly, but surely, I am getting more confident on the bike and the next step will be to practice using the biking shoes and clipping in and out of the pedals. I think I'll be back in the safety of the flat garage for that session!!
More updates on the running and the biking progress in the coming months!



No comments:
Post a Comment