One thing David and I have in common is that we like to watch football. David prefers college ball while I prefer pro ball. Well, as I am sure it goes without saying, this season just doesn't seem to be good for any kind of football. Especially any games we have gone to in person.
Thankfully, that all changed on Saturday. We ventured out to Qwest Field for the "Battle in Seattle" - Central vs. Western. Now, I must admit, I haven't really been following Central's football stats, I didn't while I was in college, why would I start now? Heading to the game I was apprehensive about what the outcome would be and was very pleasantly surprised by the 50-28 win Central had. Finally! Some good football!!!!
Along with that football came some other great entertainment. There were college students everywhere, of course, which offered a glimmer of what life was like 10+ years ago. Scary! Then there were other entertaining things. Like the guys sitting behind us also observing all of the college student antics. At one point one guy says to the other "I feel like I need to be texting or talking to someone on the cell phone" - my sentiments exactly! ALL of these students, and I mean ALL seem to be texting or on the phone trying to locate friends. The common thing we heard was "I am in front of section 210 right now" and David would respond with some snarkyremark about them being at the next section very soon! :) The team mascots also got into a battle of their own with their respective team flags. You know it is good when the cameras are trained on them and not the football players! Then there were the campus police that camped out in front of us a lot of the game. They were funny to listen to and also to see what types of things they followed up on and which things that just let go by.
All in all it was a great evening of entertainment both on and off the field! Thank goodness too, I was worried that my alma mater could potentially let me down!
1 comment:
I have a very witty, snarky comment. Oh wait...I feel like I should be texting you.
Post a Comment