Thursday, August 12

Holy time warp, Batman, where did July go???

Wow, who knew that July would fly right by us??  Well, actually, we did have a pretty good idea since our July calendar was quite busy!  David had some soccer games to perform in, he marched in four parades, we had some community band concerts to do, a weekend trip to Ellensburg for the Northwest Big Brass Bash (BBb), oh yea, and we went to work throughout all of this, too!  :)  Speaking of work...my last day at Cardiac Science is Friday, the 13th (I continue to giggle whenever I think of Friday the 13th...not sure what that says about me!), and on Monday, the 16th, I will be working at Nintendo!

Needless to say it was a crazy month and I haven't even had a chance to upload all of the pictures from the various activities yet so those will be coming soon.  A few other updates of recent happenings...

Chirp (our resident bird) left us when the weather hit the 90's a while back and not too long after the egg in the next also disappeared (with no traces of eggshell) so we now have a birds nest available for rent if you happen to know any interested birds.  It is nicely situated in the base of our hanging fuschia plant with some downtown Bellevue city views and a regular watering schedule.  Pass the word along!  :)

Our garden project with my parents has continued to be interesting...when we had all of that rain I didn't even take pictures of the garden because it looked downright pathetic.  We did not hold out much hope at that point that we would be eating any homegrown items this year.  Then the weather dried up and warmed up which was great for the garden, and now I just think the garden is confused with this random sunny/overcast/cooler/warmer weather we have been having.  However...I am pleased to report that the garden is actually doing quite well!  We have already been able to enjoy the few radishes that did grow big enough to be eaten, we have green beans on their way, and we have definitely enjoyed a number of large and yummy sugar snap peas!  The corn may surprise us with a few ears that we can eat and if so, it will be a fight to the end as to who gets to enjoy it!  Our crooked neck yellow squash and zucchini are getting closer to producing some fine squash products for us and our herbs are thriving!  I do have to also mention that the random pumpkin start that we ended up with (I consider it my pumpkin for some reason) is also doing well and we just may have our own pumpkins on display this Halloween!!!

That is about it for now!  Pictures of our July adventures to come soon (hopefully quicker than this last posting has taken).  Enjoy the rest of August!!!

No comments: