Monday, October 18

Lederhosen, Go Karts, and the Seahawks

What do Lederhosen, Go Karts and the Seahawks have in common?? Nothing...except for being in the same blog update! That and the fact that they are all things we have recently done!
First up, Oktoberfest in Leavenworth! We drove over the day and got the joy of listening to our friend Patrick play tuba with the Musikappella Bavarian band. While Patrick played the tunes, David was a good sport and participated in the Chicken Dance while I continued to visit with Terri. After all, we had gone all this way to see them (they live in Marysville yet we have hardly seen them on this side of the mountains lately!). :) It was a beautiful day that was shared with good friends!

Patrick looking incredibly Bavarian!
David being a chicken, er, doing the Chicken Dance
Beautiful day in Leavenworth!

Go Karting has been a fun activity for my family, in fact, my dad and I even had a special "father-daughter go kart bonding session" a few years ago just because we wanted to go and race! Anyway, there was a Groupon for K1 Racing not that long ago so we decided it was time for another family matchup and this time, the newest member of the family, David, would also participate!
And we're off for our first race...why they put me in front I have no idea, but I am easy to spot in pink! :)
Second race - my dad is the leader of the pack at the start this time and I am out last...that should have happened the first time!
Most of the pictures my mom took look like the far right corner of this picture, us zipping right by! However, unlike the guys, I once again came through in my pink shirt and am easily recognizable! Mom was photographer for us and my brother Kevin managed to have the fastest time in both races. I guess he is a force to be reckoned with!

The Seahawks game was great - all home games are great when the Seahawks win, right?? We checked out Blue Thunder before heading to our seats and listened to them rock it out for a few minutes and said hi to Lise, cymbal player extraordinaire! When I grow up I wanna be just like her! :) We were thankful that our seats were nicely covered when the rain started up but even more thankful that we really didn't have much rain at all on our trek to and from the stadium! A field goal heavy game ensued which brought the Seahawks to be #1 in the NFC West (at least for now!). Go Seahawks!
Blue Thunder doing their thing!
David and I doing our thing...posing for pictures! My pink Seahawks hat fit in perfectly at the game given that the players are also wearing pink for breast cancer awareness month!
View from our seats!
That about sums up the last week+...more to come, like always, as the Wyatt household doesn't sit still for too long!

No comments: