Whew, another couple of whirlwind days! After the big day of Disney we again planned to take it easy on Tuesday by sleeping in and not planning too many activities. We once again found ourselves at the grocery store, getting a few things to make a few more meals, and had some cheese, crackers and wine in the afternoon just because we could. After a short nap we decided to go take the unguided tour of the Palais Garnier - the Opera House just up the street from our place.
What a beautiful place to take in an opera, ballet, or any other program they are offering. We could have seen the Barber de Seville if we were so inclined, but given that it was over three hours long we thought that might be a bit much and just toured ourselves around the building instead. While we were taking in the design and beauty of the building we also had some fun while we were there. That will make itself evident in the pictures...that won't be availble until after we are back. For some reason they are uploading in a large size and taking up way too much online space!
But I digress...after our Opera tour we found our way to Gambino's for an incredible Italian dinner. Definitely on the pricey side but well worth it for the quality of the food. And the fact that we only ate half our dinner and got to bring the rest home!
Wednesday brought a trip out to the Chateau de Versailles. After visiting the chateau, Grand and Petite Trianon's and so forth I told David that my expectations were high of a place for us to live! Not only did it have to be palatial (and gold plated with many chandelier's!) it also had to have a separate house or two, just for the heck of it. I mean, who doesn't live like that, right?? :) It truly is amazing what a lot of money and land can do for a person. Who needs all that space and how did you ever know where someone was considering how big it was and no intercoms/cell phones/etc. to track one another down? The gardens were also quite expansive and well cared for. Aside from enjoying a day with less tourists, I do wish we could have been there on Tuesday when they turn the fountains on, that has to be quite a sight to take in! Although, we did to get to witness something quite wonderful in its own way - or rather, I did, David didn't realize until I told him later. We were out at the "Temple of Love" and David was going to take a picture of me when I looked over to my left and saw a sweet young man getting down on one knee to propose. They were so cute and happy after that (I know the feeling!) and it was so fun to watch. Unfortunately I didn't think about it at the time, but I should have asked for their contact information. Once we uploaded our pictures from the camera and were looking at them, we practically caught their big moment! What a great place to get engaged!!
After our day at Versailles we have once again arrived home and enjoyed some cheese, crackers and wine. But not before locating a "maxi pain au chocolat" to share in the morning. The thing is huge, and the first one we have seen that big so we just had to check it out! We will once again have dinner in, chicken with ricotta and prosciutto and some broccoli and get ourselves ready for another big day tomorrow. What will we be doing you ask?? You'll just have to wait and see, but we are super excited about it! :)
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment