Hello world! I'm looking forward to sharing our vacation experience with you. The anticipation and excitement bubbled up all week after waiting for so long for it to begin. We got an early start after a morning jog with the morning slugs.
The driving has been good despite the rain. We got into Portland in good time, had lunch with Kelly and continued on to Ashland with little slowdown. Oregon drivers are pretty aggressive, cutting in lines if there is any hint of a gap. Oregon birds are equally crazy and attracted to buzzing in front of cars. The rain must really get to them. It was a dark day with rain or drizzle the entire journey.
Heather had a power nap during the long, straight parts when I drove, then when we switched, I was Lord of the MP3s, playing my musical whims to a helpless driving Heather. Let's just say this first part was dedicated to Richard Wagner. And the second leg tomorrow? Well, there is a lot of Wagner left. I just hope Ride of the Valkeries doesn't drive Heather crazy. Maybe it'll be an inspiration to drink lots of wine.
Here's pic of Wagner in case you run across him on the streets.
Looking forward to completing the drive to Santa Rosa, and seeing my friend Anne on Sunday for lunch and chocolate and wine tastings. Salut!
The driving has been good despite the rain. We got into Portland in good time, had lunch with Kelly and continued on to Ashland with little slowdown. Oregon drivers are pretty aggressive, cutting in lines if there is any hint of a gap. Oregon birds are equally crazy and attracted to buzzing in front of cars. The rain must really get to them. It was a dark day with rain or drizzle the entire journey.
Heather had a power nap during the long, straight parts when I drove, then when we switched, I was Lord of the MP3s, playing my musical whims to a helpless driving Heather. Let's just say this first part was dedicated to Richard Wagner. And the second leg tomorrow? Well, there is a lot of Wagner left. I just hope Ride of the Valkeries doesn't drive Heather crazy. Maybe it'll be an inspiration to drink lots of wine.
Here's pic of Wagner in case you run across him on the streets.Looking forward to completing the drive to Santa Rosa, and seeing my friend Anne on Sunday for lunch and chocolate and wine tastings. Salut!
No comments:
Post a Comment