Today was super tourist day. After waking up to an extended honk outside by a violated motorist, I got ready and set out to see some museums. One step out the door, I was greeted by solid rainfall, so back indoors I went to snare a bumbershoot. Ok, the second step out the door was much dryer now.
After trekking through Central Park, the first stop was Ciao Bella, home of awesome gelato. I sampled the goods and found that cookie dough and strawberry were excellent, cookies and cream was alright. I slurped through the dough walking to the Googenheim museum a few blocks away. Hm - apparently they close on Thursdays. I think them and the Brooklyn Brewery are up to nooo good. Alright - plan B was walk down Museum Mile and find something open. I settled on the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It clearly had the first pick of artifacts. There was a high level of detail on the pottery and super old stuff, the Egyptian exhibit looked legit, there was an amazing panoramic view of Versailles that was in an enormous room, and I did find myself recognizing more of the Dutch artists - they had a great collection of Vermeer, Van Gogh and Rembrandt. :)
After spending the afternoon there, I had to get back to prepare for Avenue Q. John was finishing up his flute practice and broke his flute, nuts to that. A minor adjustment to a thumb key should get him back up and tooting. We had some tasty italian food at a restaurant nearby and thoroughly enjoyed the musical. We laughed and who would've known Sesame Street could be so different?
Some dessert and a webcam chat wtih Heather wrapped up the night. Friday I'll see if the Guggenheim cooperates, and plan to see Lincoln Square [], Times Square [], and hit up a brewery for lunch that is open!
1 comment:
Not going to lie, Heather and I were scoffing at the fact that we had to be in the office, slaving away while you were out galavanting around the Big City, eating OUR Ciao Bella.
Post a Comment