Wednesday, June 25

Tuesday Tuesday










The table tennis theme has played out on vacation as expected, except for the scoring part, which I have some catching up to do! Tuesday John did most of his weekly flute lessons, so I walked to a nearby diner for breakfast, then walked to two nearby parks. One is a tiny wedge called the Ring garden, managed by volunteers. I chatted with one of the maintainers there and got a few pictures in. Apparently the trees had the gall to block the solar panels used to power the poi pond. His idea was to cut the trees down to size so the sun could shine through better. I wonder if their membership board kicks people out...

The second hill had a playground at the base, and some heavily forested trails up to the top. There is a medival art museum at the top and some great views through the trees. I took some photos, scaled down and was next on the hunt for some tea. After walking a mile, I found a Starbucks and got my fix for the day. It was also super sunny, so my fill of vitaman D was also satisfied.

After the lessons were done, we headed out to Brooklyn Brewery in the Bronx. This meant riding some new subways for me, though they all look the same, with the obligatory homeless musicians using their musical talent to show why they will never get musical jobs. Unfortunately, this place is modeled after the Anchor Brewery in San Francisco, so they were closed. Damn! So we went to the Fat Cat in the Village to check out their ping pong, played an excellent game of chess, had an awesome salmon dinner at the Garage and returned home after a late night!

No comments: