Saturday, June 28

Friday - End of the work week

Thank goodness for that! Today I went down to Times Square and had a great lunch at the Heartland Brewery. I went through their sampler of beers and burger, which were all very tasty. Heather and I are working on a Times Square puzzle referenced in our California trip, so I took some pictures of the same view as the puzzle. Maybe it'll help out. Next I walked up Madison Ave to the Guggenheim museum since it was closed on Thursday. It was partly open today - the main exhibits were not up and the featured artist wasn't all that sweet, but what can you do. The walk to the museum took about 30 minutes, and I needed to get back to do battle with John on the table tennis courts. John scored on the first serve, so I had a feeling it would be a long day! The score went to 2-0, then tied 2-2, then again at 3-3. Then my shots began falling after a minor adjustment and with relief, the final score was 9-4. Booyah! :) Exhausted from the match, we had a late Indian dinner up a steep hill from his apartment, watched some more table tennis DVDs, and called it a night! Whew!

No comments: