Saturday, June 28

Saturday's Curtain Call

Today is the last big day in the city. John and I went out for some egg benedicts and hung out the afternoon watching some Wimbledon. We trekked out to do our last table tennis battle, which was great because of our improvements from watching the training DVDs, and because I eked out a 4-3 win to take the game and series based on total edgeballs, 21-20. It was very close and John was charging through to the end, as one of us always is!

We went down to Greenwich Village to check out the scene afterwards. John bought a chess timer to use later tonight. We picked up some pizza from a local place and went to Fat Cat to chow down and do our last chess game of the trip. Lots of pieces fell and John emerged victorious. As it was already 10:30, we headed back up to the apartment to clean up, review the chess game and wrap up our fun week!

So in just a few hours I'll be back on the car/train/tram/plane and back in Seattle! Thanks for the great time in the city, John!

No comments: