I am taking this moment between car honks outside to say welcome back to the vacation blog! This time I am in New York City to spend a week with my friend John, beat him soundly in ping pong, and see a few things if they don't interfere with beating him.
I flew Alaska on standby, which means you have to hope they didn't oversell the flight, it leaves on time, or they sold enough to slackers that you can fill their seats. The plane was delayed an hour, so I had to root for the slackers. Fortunately slackers always come though by not coming through and they left me a middle seat.
After the plane/tram/train/subway/bus/walk I made it. I enjoyed the mass transit - it brought back memories of getting through NYC and everywhere in Europe. You lose that fear of using them all once you figure out the basics on direction and stops. I get lost enough that you just go with the flow and eventually end up in the right place.
John and I picked up right where we left off - bought some beer, started into our first of two chess games and ordered some chinese food. We went through some of our pictures from last April's visit, laughed at the peeps jousting video (I'll get it posted), watched a ping pong technique DVD, chatted with our sweeties, then went to bed. Looking forward to another fun week and keeping everyone posted on the action!
1 comment:
Yay for blogging about vacation! It is fun to be on the "other side" of the blog this time and be up to speed on what you are doing, even though I already knew most of this stuff! Have fun!! ~Heather :)
Post a Comment